A one day mental health awareness and skills course that qualifies employees as MHFA Champions.
Our one-day course mixes presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. The course is limited to 16 people so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
- Understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
On successful completion of this course you’ll receive:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFA Champion
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
This course includes:
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Adult Mental Health First Aid one day courses available
No course currently scheduled.
Enquire now to arrange a course.