Develop an understanding of mental health and wellbeing
This MHFA England course is perfect if you’re looking to gain a good solid grounding in what mental health is. You’ll learn about some of the common mental health issues, and importantly you’ll receive basic training in how to support someone experiencing these issues, as well as recognise them in yourself.
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Our Adult Mental Health Aware Half Day course mixes practical sessions with discussions and some classroom-style learning.
On successful completion of the course you’ll receive:
- A course manual
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
Groups numbers are limited to 25 so we can ensure each delegate gets the support they need.
This course includes:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Mental Health First Aid half day courses available
No course currently scheduled.
Enquire now to arrange a course.