Become a trained first aider with our one-day Emergency First Aid at Work course
Our Emergency First Aid at Work course will give you the training and knowledge to treat common workplace injuries and life threatening situations, as well as understanding your role as a workplace first aider.
It’s mandatory for any business with 5 or more employees to have a dedicated first aider in the team. Our course will ensure you’re legally compliant, but more significantly, it’ll ensure you have someone in your team able to capably respond in the event of a medical emergency.
On successful completion of the course you’ll receive an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
This course includes
- Legislation, roles and responsibilities: what first aiders are expected to do in the workplace and the health and safety regulations that underpin this.
- Assessing an incident: how to approach a scene safely, assess the situation and make prompt and effective decisions on treatment.
- Assessing a casualty: how to determine what is wrong with a casualty and how to prioritise treatment.
- CPR and AED: how to save non-breathing casualties using defibrillators and high quality CPR, utilising new training technology.
- Recovery position: how to assess and treat an unresponsive casualty.
- Seizures: how seizures occur, how to treat and when the ambulance should be called.
- Choking and asthma: how to stop someone choking and learn best practice in treating asthma.
- Bleeding and shock: how to treat minor wounds and major bleeding. How to treat for shock.
- Burns: how different types and severity of burns are caused, how to treat these and when the casualty should go to hospital.